It has been a long time, yadda yadda, here’s a list of links I enjoyed while being confined at home (which is my day to day anyway, not much change here as a freelance translator) :
- Scratches my Sleep No More itch to the point of reopening the wound: The virtual tour of Punchdrunk’s decors for the immersive show The Drowned Man http://tour.templestudioslondon.com/
- Zach Weinersmith (SMBC) has put his books as free PDFs online and we love him: https://www.smbc-comics.com/covid/
- Luchie did the same with her wonderful „Hot Milk Digital“:
- The amazing shortfilm (34 minutes) Pear Cider and Cigarettes by Robert Valley
- Not tested yet (and not sure if I will find the time to do so, staying (more) at home makes for a surprisingly busy time in my case, with work and moving) but if you fancy an escape room at home, this looks very cool: https://www.millersvilleescaperoom.com/loxstone-manor
- The National Theatre have put both their 2011 productions of Frankenstein with Jonny Lee Miller and with Beneduck Climberbetch as the creature. I have only watched to former as of now, a matinee in my living room, and it is a very, very impressive production. I had read and liked the book a few years ago, and it made me think back of all the wonderful questions it asks about life and morality. If watching a two hour long play on a screen is your thing, the National Theatre is putting Antony and Cleopatra online in a few days. Edit: They actually replace the upload by a new play every… two weeks or so. More plays!
- Incredible Longread about Marcus Hutchins, who put a stop to the Wannacry virus a few years back.
I’m going to keep updating the list with more links the next days. In the meantime: Drink tea and enjoy that pile of books waiting for you since forever.